CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 24, 2008

Unity

It was a sweet weekend. We had great fellowship in harmony at the Christmas Choir practice, we were together as a family and we had a great teaching on Sunday am. As it usually is where were are in the Word is where I am at in my walk with the Lord and he has had a lot to say to me lately about unity.

We started our first choir practice talking about it and saw (heard) it in action at the second. It was lovely but what was beautiful about it for me was the picture God was giving me of how he wants us to be in the body of Christ. Everyone taking their part, some a little different than others but all in agreement with the music, representing in this case the Word of God. Before practice I had asked a few people to take up leadership roles with in the choir, they did so with all seriousness and it was such an encouragement to watch! They went over and over the music with the others until they got it right. I could not be everywhere, but they were right were I had placed them. It is just like that in the body our Pastors can't be everywhere so they place leaders over ministries while the Pastor sets the direction and makes corrections.

I am sure I am preaching to to choir here (awww come on I had to..) but though I know all this well the Lord was pressing it in to my heart. So on Saturday pm I was trying to figure out whay the Lord was telling me all of this and on Sunday am during the teaching it all came together.

Lately I have been pulling my hair out over my kids lack of unity with each other. The Lord was showing me that they need me to lead the team in a better way. I try so hard to get them to stop fighting but I don't practice working together with me as the "director". We together all day and I am a one woman show around here sending them off on their little tasks alone as it benifits me. They want to work with me, not for me. We are a team not a dictatorship. As we read on Sunday...

27 Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in one spirit, contending as one man for the faith of the gospel Philippians 1:27

Don't get me wrong, they are good kids, and they love each other but lack of peace hinders our ability as a family to accomplish so much, even the furtherence of the gospel. May it not be so of us.

1 comments:

Lainie said...

I couldn't find an email address for you on your profile. This Lainie from Mishmash Maggie.

It's nice to meet you! Yes, the Lord is funny about His timing :) Want to know something funny? I grew up in San Diego so being half Filipino I am much darker in sunny climates.

I was always mistaken for either being Mexican or black or whatever culture the other person was!

I grew up in South East San Diego and went to a "rough" high school. I usually speak the way I did on the video but if I'm extra, extra tired or if I get around my family (which most are still in SD) then my style of talking reflects my background--neighborhood, etc...

I always feel the most at home when I can let my speech go. I have a few girlfriends here I do that with.

Sorry for the book... I'll be back to check out your blog. I need to eat and shower first :)

May the Lord bless your day and thank you for encouraging me today.

You need to make a video so I can hear you now!