CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Field to Plow

Jesus said "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

I have heard, read, been taught and prayed that verse for many years now and I am still coming to an understanding of it. But today I received a fresh breeze that blessed me.

We (I) are in preparation mode here at the Velarde home. Preparing for the up coming school year has become all consuming. All of my spare time has gone in to it as evidenced by the big pile of laundry that needs foldin' and the general state of controlled chaos. I came across a bible study that was for hs moms gearing up for the new year and she took us to the above verse. During that study I had, for lack of better terms a vision.

I am a cow.

"Now wait just a minute Lord!" says I! But clear as a bell (he he) I am a cow. I have been grazing and meandering through this field of educating the younin's for about 5 years now. Imagine a meadow full of sweet clover and wild flowers, a little here and a little there. Happy cow. Sounds nice huh?

But then the Lord says "You have work to do. It is not a meadow for grazing it is a field for plowing, preparing for the harvest." Up goes my big cow head with a look of fear in my big cow eyes. "Ahhh, but yoke up with me and your burden will be mine. My yoke is easy and my burden is light but there is still a field that needs plowing."


H and I had our first meeting where he told me his goals for the education of our little herd and it was remarkable how close it was to the direction the Lord seems to be leading me down. So as nice as the meadow has been I realized that I have been trying to do this on my own. The way that seems right to Jenn. It is not working. Have you ever tried to lead a fat happy cow away from her happy meadow where she is in complete control? Dangerous. God forbid the little cows get in the way of her happy cow plans. I will confess here that I have finally admitted that I need H's leadership in this area.

Someday if I have the time I will explain that in detail this clarified direction, for now I will direct you to Trivium Pursuit I am not yet ready to buy a field of goats and start milking anything but I like a lot of what they have to say.

I better go hitch up, I have fields to plow.



1 comments:

Googz said...

I'll have to check that out later. We have had a slow start on our day, but clothes drawers have been organized and some laundry done. There has to be a more efficient way to put homeschool and housework together. Anyway, yeah, Kiana had her toilet experience just yesterday as she went with her papa to the village. That was the first thing she described to her brother when she got home as "gross and disgusting". We live in the city, so are able to find nice toilets at the fast food places, etc. In the village or other places, outside by a tree is a lot more pleasant! BTW - good job on the link thing.