CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Free Online Helps -- homeschooling and parenting

I recently went to a workshop that was entitled "Homeschooling on a Shoestring Budget". That got me thinking, I know lots of free sites I could share, lots of free or inexpensive online resources and advice.

The Four Wheelers - A link list to all the unit studies you can imagine
Highland Heritage - Free Forms, notebooking pages, history worksheets, booklists, etc. LOTS more.
Ambleside Online - A free homeschool curriculum
Librivox - free audiobooks online
Donna Young's site - free homeschooling forms
Mainlesson - free classic books
An Old Fashioned Education - "a directory of free homeschool curricula, literature and text books organized for the use of homeschooling families"
Free lapbooks and Free templates - just what it says
Simply Charlotte Mason - free Charlotte Mason helps, some inexpensive ebooks for sale
The Gutenberg Project - Free classic and out of print e-books
Homeschool Convention Online - Free convention speakers, you can listen online and it is free!
Los Banos - lots and lots of free printables and free curriculum including american history

Parenting Helps
Joyful Momma - Some great encouragement for Momma and some helps too.
Parenting Ministry - Free Video teachings, biblical and encouraging!

This is just what I can think of and is not an exhaustive list my any means. If you have any suggestions to add please post them as a comment and I will add them above. I hope some of these resources are helpful!

Jenn

3 comments:

Jakespeed said...

Thank you so much for this post. I knew there were sites out there with books to access, but have forgotten to use them in the past. I have now put a direct link to the Gutenberg project on my desktop, and printed out some of the reading lists from "highland heritage". Those 2 alone will be a tremendous asset as we enter 5th & 6th grade on August 11,

Susan

Googz said...

Thanks so much for these links. I will be checking them shortly. Thanks also for reading my blog and checking in on me. Yes, the internet is a fabulous invention when used to keep friends and family in touch! That is why I have the blog list on my blog. It is really for me to keep in touch with friends! Love ya!

Googz said...

TTFN stands for "ta ta for now" - a Tigger quote from Disney's Winnie-the-Pooh. Thanks for asking! Have a great time in Oregon! After much needed house work (laundry, cleaning, etc.), I plan to update our blog about our time out at the dacha with pictures. Yura ended up helping in the landscape department, so he stayed longer than he expected. Love ya!