CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

It is late and everyone is sleeping. Who ever said ignorance is bliss forgot about silence. All I hear is the A/C kicking on and the clicking of my little fingers. Nothing to write about really, I had a headache earlier so I took some Excedrin. Since I don't drink coffee or any caffeine really I am a little wired.

I have been reading this book called "Passionate Housewives Desperate for God", obviously a rebuttal to the current cultures version of a "housewife". It has really challenged me to embrace my calling as a wife and a mother as a high and holy one. I have bought into the attitude, though I would have denied it a week ago, that some how this is a secondary calling. That someday "after the kids are gone" I will break loose into what I was really meant to do. This is the big dance, and if I am not careful I will miss it, even though it is all around me.

Have you ever felt like you were "just" a wife, or "just" a mom? When people ask what you do do you ever feel like offering an apology for being a stay at home mom? This is not a "just" anything job here. My son is going to touch the lives of hundreds of people for better or for worse and I get to help shape him for better. My daughters are going to be seen by thousands of people and what are those people going to think when they see my girls? A picture of grace and dignity or a young woman starved for the attention of anyone for better or for worse? Will they inspire men to look towards Christ or will they just inspire men? Now is the time I get to pour truth in to them. Now I get to show them God's plan for marriage in the way I treat their father. Now...not later...not right after I check this e-mail, or make this phone call or take a little "mommy time" now. I need to take my job as seriously as H does his. He does not pop in a movie for his 100+ employees when they running amok he DEALS with it right then and there.
I need to shake this low lying attitude that some how I was made for more than this, there is NOTHING more than this.

3 comments:

Paula said...

I just found your blog and thoroughly enjoyed each of your posts. I found myself smiling or nodding in agreement with much of your writing, but even better than that, you gave me some good things to think about! Great blog!

Googz said...

Hey girl, thanks for reminding me that I AM serving in the best ministry in the world - the lives of my children. I needed that reminder. Love ya and miss ya, but feel connected through blogging...

Jennifer said...

thanks guys, Paula, I checked out your blog and left a message on the corn/injury blog. I will enjoy keeping up with your blog.