CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Fathers day and KUNG FU PANDA

It was a good day... food, fun, friends, and Kung Fu Panda. Can Father's Day be much better? I submit it cannot.

I did not expect to enjoy Kung Fu Panda, I don't enjoy watching most movies made for children these days. But this was cute, clean (the bowl scene was a little weird), and very funny. Violent? Yeah it was violent, it was a Kung Fu movie for crying out loud but no one was really hurt it was just full great Kung Fu moves.

Then there was the peach tree, the Turtle tells the little fury guy (I dont know what he was) to let go of the illusion of control. (Lord is that You?) He reminded the little fury guy that the could not make the peach tree blossom or grow fruit. (Hurt me) I get it. Now I am not saying that I am a little fury guy but I need to let go of this illusion and learn to enjoy my 3 little peach trees and stop trying to make them blossom and bear fruit. HE is in control and they will blossom when He whispers to them that it is time and the fruit will come after that.

Tree number one blossomed a bit this weekend. He was baptized on Saturday. He wanted to and it was beautiful to watch him make his decision to follow Christ public. He received Christ at our kitchen table one day, just me, him and his sister so it was good for him to make it public. I wish you could have all been there to see it. But really it was the kind of moment that if there had been a big celebration with a cake a gifts (as is my tradition) it would have taken away from Christ and put the focus on my little peach tree. It was perfect.

Blessings ~ J

0 comments: