CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 27, 2008

What happened

Today, our 3yo daughter, M, was sitting in time out as 3yos will. The rule for time out is she must sit with her hands folded in her lap and her feet in front of her but she managed to get her arms and and knees tucked in to her shirt and rolled head first off the chair. Her head hitting the floor sounded unlike anything I have ever heard. I hope I never hear it again.

She was conscience, and in pain, her scream testified to both. I immediately started imagining brain bleeds and seizures. All my thinking skills went out the window, all I could do was just hold her and pray that "Oh God" prayer. I did not know what to do so I told the kids to get dressed (it was 8am or so), I did not know where to go but as we pulled out of the driveway I knew it would come to me. It did, we headed to the ER. Mia would not stay awake. After a few hysterical phone calls to my sister, H and Yolie we made it to the ER.

We were seen right away and the Dr ordered a CT scan after Mia threw up at the sight of him. We got the scan and by the time we were back down stairs the Dr. said it was normal and she could go home. She has a mild concussion so we have to keep an eye on her for a few days. She is getting better and was a happy girl as soon as she saw her Papa. Lord willing she will be back to normal in a few days.

I learned a few things, first I should really take a CPR class. I spend 24/7 with these kids I should be ready in case of crisis. Secondly, obedience really does keep us from harm. She was disobeying the rules about how to sit in time out. They are not arbitrary, they are good, she did not understand that, until now. I need to model the right kind of obedience to my kids and keep requiring it from them. Thirdly, a knock on the head like that will cause a wicked black eye.

Thank you for your prayers, I am sure they were heard. Our entire trip to the ER was about an hour and an half. That is not quite miraculous but it was close. God is good.

0 comments: