CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My only politcal post-- ever

The election is over, I am thankful for that. It ended as expected if not as desired. I am not very polical but as we watched it all unfold I heard statements like "the first truly Global President" and President Elect Obama described as "a Citizen of the World". Keep your eyes up. I heard a speech by Senator McCain that was gracious in defeat and it was the first time in the campaign I was impressed. I saw a sea of faces of all colors and backgrounds throng together to greet their newly elected President. I saw admiration bordering on worship, joy and relief. I saw white faces glad to be part of this day and black faces that had waited a life time to see it. That moved me. No, not politically, I am unmoved. I was moved that our country made this choice, some with no deference to skin color, some in spite of it and some because of it. Keep your eyes up. Every man did what was right in his own eyes. Look up. I heard a speech that ignited hearts and gave credit where it was due with One exception; he did not acknowledge God except to demand God's blessing upon the people and the country.

"Thou, O king, art a king of kings, for the God of heaven
hath given thee a kingdom, power, and strength, glory.”
( Danieln 2: 37 )


Look up God will not be mocked. God has allowed this man to become the next president of the United States of America.

President Elect Obama will take us closer to a Global Economy, Global Government and a Global Faith. I am not saying he will take us there but he will surely pave the way. Look up. He will be my President, like it or not and God's word, commands me to pray for him and speak no ill of him. Unless he is asking me to sin against my Lord I am called to pay him the honor that he is due.

"Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For
there is no power but of God. The powers that be are
ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the power,

resisteth the ordinance of God; and they that resist shall
receive to themselves damnation. For rulers are not a terror
to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of

the power? Do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise
of the same. For he is the minister of God to thee for good.
But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth

not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger
to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Wherefore ye must
need be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.
For this cause pay ye tribute also, for they are God's ministers,
attending continually upon this very thing.”
( Romans 13: 1-6 )


"Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the
Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme, or unto
governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the
punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do
well. For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may
put to silence the ignorance of foolish men. As free, and not
using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the
servants of God. Honour all men. Love the brotherhood.
Fear God. Honour the king." ( I Pt 2: 13-17 )



Pray for President Elect Obama, pray for his safety, wisdom and for his heart to hear God calling him to Himself. He needs Jesus as much as I do. Pray that God will do exactly that which will bring glory to Himself.

Change is coming, God's Word promises that but I won't put my faith in any government until the Prince of Peace is ruling here on earth.

1 comments:

Googz said...

Well said, Jen. I know that people outside of the US are pretty pleased with the election results. Interesting times we live in. Will be even more interesting to see how this plays a part in the bigger picture. Thank the Lord we know the final outcome! Love ya!