CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Walk a Little Slower Daddy

Walk a Little Slower Daddy
Walk a little slower Daddy,
Said a little child so small.
I'm following in your footsteps,
And I do not want to fall.
Sometimes your steps are very fast,
Sometimes they're hard to see.
So, walk a little slower, Daddy,
For you are leading me.
Someday when I am all grown up,
You're what I want to be.
Then I will have a little child,
Who'll want to follow me.
And, I would want to lead just right,
And, I'd know that I was true.
So, walk a little slower Daddy.
For I must follow you.
-- Unknown Author
My H does lots of things right; this little poem reminds me of one of his best qualities. He leads our children well. He just finished putting the kids to bed, something he does nightly. Every night he reads them the Word, prays with them and sings their songs. In the AM if they wake up and he is having his quiet time he does not shoo them away like I am prone to do he just begins to read aloud. My girls will be blessed to find a man who will be as loving a Father as they have and my son will do well to follow in his steps. Is this a good husband brag? Maybe. But whatsoever things are good and noble, think in these things... I am just thinking about my husband.

0 comments: