CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 7, 2008

so much junk

Where does it all come from? Today I cleared out 3 junk drawers, now of course they did not start off that way but that is how they have ended up, useless drawers full of junk. I threw half of it away anout d we are working finding homes for the rest of it. I save little things here and there thinking Oh I might need this later. Or those little things that are easier to brush in to a drawer rather than take to the box in the garage it belongs in. I am just thankful that garbage comes 2 times a week here in SA because I have yet to hit my ds' room.

It is a bit like my heart. I hold on to lots of things that are not working, are out of place or should really be discarded. Habits, anger and bitterness or even relationships. They are not working for me. They have no place in the life of a believer. They do not belong in my life. But instead of dealing with them I sweep them in to the junk drawer in my heart to be dealt with later. All this leads to is what I had to do today, a long drawn out cleaning process due to a move. A move ordained by my Father to encourage me to deal with the junk.

We went to visit the next house with some dear friends last night. We just sat in the empty kitchen and talked. It was good, these people have seen us through every move in the last 10 years and are still our friends, through good and bad. But what struck me as we were sitting there was that I don't want to bring junk in to the new house. I want as little as possible to make it through the door. The space is smaller but not small by any means but I can see it filling up quickly one big junk drawer. May my heart and my home be junk free! How? Purge what I am holding on to for the wrong motives. Fear is the number one wrong motive and but pride is a close second. Fear that I might need this someday and pride that it is mine.

Lord, help me let it go inside and out. I love the feeling of a clean heart and home. Remind me of that when I am tempted to hold on to things that are junk. Help me live right now and wholly for You.

1 comments:

Googz said...

Hey Jen,

Gotta love it! Maybe that is why the Lord keeps us moving - gypsy like - so we don't accumulate too much junk!

Love ya, wendy